Sunday, July 02, 2006

Prerequisite 1: Mozilla Firefox

I wanted to start this thing off with some prerequisites. You know, the things every student of The Web 2.0 should have in their knapsack.

Truth be told, I don't know how to not tell people what they should be doing.

So in the spirit of telling you what you should do, I present:

Prerequisite 1: Mozilla Firefox

For the contemporary internet user, there is virtually no reason to rely on the flawed, grotesque Microsoft Internet Explorer as a browser.

Without digressing into my oft-repeated soapbox sermon, the reasons to use Firefox are staggering. It's as easy to use and as intuitive as any piece of software I've ever encountered. The end-user's ability to customize and reshape the browser's interface is so ridiculously useful that it's hard to quantify. And chief among its virtues are security and reliability.

I've used Firefox exclusively since way back in the day when it was Mozilla Phoenix. As someone who spends a solid 30% of his daily life on the internet, I can say with total confidence that there is nothing worth doing (on the web) that Mozilla Firefox will not do. If it can't do it natively, there is almost certainly an extension that will enable it.

Don't listen to naysayers who claim that you'll have compatibility problems. Don't cling to your long-held, misguided trust in Internet Explorer.

Take back the web.

And, here. You can take back your soapbox, too. Thanks for letting me borrow it there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home