Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Art: Wonder Woman, Narnia


I started a series of illustrations back in 2003 that I wanted to build around DC's iconic superhero characters. My efforts produced the sum total of one Wonder Woman print and about 8 Superman/Batman layouts. Crap.

Anyhow, you can click her to see the full illustration.

The image below was inspired by a thread on ConceptArt about the most powerful moments from books of our childhood. I chose the White Witch sacrificing Aslan from The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe to illustrate.

The concept didn't progress much past a rough sketch, but I wound up inking and vectorizing what little I had done. It's wholly unfinished, but still has something of what I was hoping to convey in it.

I included a few process shots in there as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home