Thursday, July 06, 2006

Hillbilly Savants

So this is something akin to self-promotion (and definitely kin to cross-promotion), but I wanted to help drive more traffic to a genuinely worthwhile piece of the internet.

Hillbilly Savants is a blog a little like this one - but only insofar as they look alike and I write for both of them. Apart from that, HS takes the moral and practical high ground over my efforts here.

The idea for HS began with the one and only Eric Drummond Smith. He put the blog together and solicited a group of contributors to populate it. We're a diverse group - with different backgrounds and perspectives - but we all share a common home: Appalachia.

So that's what Hillbilly Savants is about: a diverse group of thinkers, with shared roots, writing about the world as we see it. Southern history, American history, war, peace, politics, faith, music...it's all there.

Take the time to read and you'll find everything from Mountain Dew to The Carter Family Fold to prehistoric ground sloths and even elephants in middle Tennessee.

I don't contribute to the site as often as I would like. But I'll get around to it. In the mean time, if you've somehow found your way to my site, let me go ahead and redirect you to Hillbilly Savants.

Whatever you find there is going to be better for your soul than anything you find here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home