Monday, July 24, 2006

Preview: Iron Man

According to every account I can find, this is not the final armor design for Jon Favreau's upcoming Iron Man film.

Apparently, if you are to believe the typography at the bottom of the poster, this is a Stark Industries Prototype of the Iron Man armored body suit.

Woah, wait...go back.

Jon Favreau is directing an Iron Man film?

Er. Yes.

The Fav is indeed at the helm of the good ship, S.S. Iron Man, and there is no trace of sarcasm in my voice when I say that I'm all for it.

I loved Zathura.

You ask Casey, she'll tell you it's true - maybe to her chagrin (I took her to see it on our first movie date).

Favreau has shown that he has the finesse of an auteur director and the sensibilities of a grown-up kid. He's a perfect fit for revamping this classic Marvel hero. And whether you think that's an accurate assessment or not, it's an accurate assessment.

True to form, I've managed to find a transcription of some dialogue from leaked pre-production scripts:

The Mandarin: Iron Man, it looks like you've met your match. It is I, The Mandarin!
Tony Stark: Blearrghh.
The Mandarin: Ha aha hahaha haha aha! Ha! I've found your weakness, and exploited it to defeat you!
Tony Stark: Gachana maaah Iron baaalllggsss. *hic*
The Mandarin: Like Kryptonite to Superman, all it took to topple the mighty Iron Man was Mad Dog 20/20!

You can tell from these early lines that the film will be a heavy-hitter, dealing with tough issues like racism. I can only hope that The Mandarin actually makes it into the final cut.

Click that poster you're looking at for a lovely larger version.

4 Comments:

At 11:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anyone who directs an episode of "Undeclared" is okay with me. But you know, Zuthura is no Jumanji. Hey! What is Joe Johnston doing? Maybe he should direct it. I mean, The Adventures of the Young Indiana Jones: Spring Break Adventure. Is there anything better? I haven't actually seen it but I figure he fights nazis at Panama City beach. Yeah, and I guess he directed some other movies.

 
At 5:51 PM, Blogger Eric Drummond Smith said...

Ah, Favreau, the man who was Gutter.

Seriously though, this is creepy. I have never even spoke Favreau's name, and now, BAM, we both have him on our blogs within about 24 hours of each other. I am scared.

 
At 6:00 PM, Blogger John Louis Kerns said...

I'm not at all familiar with Iron Man, but I am a Favreau fan.

I admit it's probably not enough to make me watch it though....if it ain't Superman or Batman, I just don't do superheroes.

 
At 6:06 PM, Blogger cechols said...

Based on this small, but representative sample of my readership, I am seriously considering changing the format of this blog to Favreau-related information only.

It's the kind of move that might put this little weblog on the internet map.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home