Thursday, August 03, 2006

We Are The Internet


Ok, I'm genuinely not sure what I make of this.

In principle, I'm an advocate of the message: I love the internet and want it to remain an open, (essentially) free resource. If you've read anything on my site, you already know that I'm a proponent of open-source software, I encourage self-regulation for the web, and I have a considerable distaste for corporate control.

That said, the approach that Leslie Hall (Keeper of The Gems) at wearetheweb.org takes in preserving web neutrality is...well... It's unconventional. And it makes me strangely ashamed that I know the "celebrities" in her video.

I'm throwing in with Leslie, though. Wearetheweb.org is a friend to echols:construct because we share the same convictions. However:

We don't share wardrobes.

We don't share musical taste.

And we don't share a belief that capes are cool.

All the same, you'll get a laugh out of Leslie, her gold spandex pants and her friends. It's worth a few minutes to hear what she has to say. The video has all the makings of a classic internet "gem" - literally. Watch it here.


*Note: I removed the embedded video from my site, as it has an autoplay I can't turn off. I don't like that.

1 Comments:

At 11:15 AM, Blogger cechols said...

I don't see your logic at all.

Just because I own more than 4 capes does not mean I think they're cool.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home