Thursday, July 13, 2006

Favorite Things: FOUND Magazine

Miya introduced me to FOUND Magazine. She introduced me in the best way possible: by gifting me the first book.

There is nothing else like FOUND. Why? I don't know. It would seem like the most obvious thing in the world to gather discarded scraps of paper and publish them for people to see. I mean, ephemera is everywhere. Why did no one think to package it neatly into one place before this?

These are the questions on my list of things to ask the Almighty.

Until then, enjoy the endless bits of humanity salvaged in FOUND's website. If you're even remotely humored by what you find, then buy one of the books. Or subscribe to the periodical.

You'll discover a remarkable insight into the laughter, pain, embarrassment, and individuality of human beings you'll never meet. I can't recommend it any more highly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home