Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Unbelievable: Yukio Miyamoto

Great googaly moogaly. I'm not sure if you realize exactly what it is you're looking at. Hopefully I can rectify that.

Most of you are probably familiar with Adobe Photoshop. If not with the software itself, then at least with the concept of what it's used for: Photoshop is an image creation/manipulation program.

In the right hands, it can be used to create anything imaginable with pixels - from stark, solid color graphics to detailed, photo-real images. I use it nearly every day in my professional life, and am very familiar with the practically limitless potential of the software.

So after looking at those images above and reading this bit about Photoshop, you're probably thinking, "Hey. That tape reel thing is one kick ass Photoshop job. Kudos to that guy."

Great guess!

The thing is, though, that he didn't make it with Photoshop. He made it with Illustrator.

Illustrator is another of Adobe's industry-standard graphics programs. It's another piece of software I use nearly every day. But it isn't for creating photo-real images. I mean...not by mere humans.

Illustrator uses vector data, whereas Photoshop uses raster data. Basically, Illustrator is designed to create infinitely-scalable graphics with...hmm. I don't actually think I'm going to be able to explain this if you don't already know how it works.

Let me just try this:

What you are looking at is on the highest order of artistic perfection. What Yukio Miyamoto creates is stunning enough; how he creates it is almost unfathomable.

Please take a few minutes to look at his gallery. Once you click on the thumbnails, you can see the images in large detail with their vector outlines.

Smith, you shouldn't pass this one up.

Update: At Mr. Miyamoto's suggestion, please visit this page to see his newer works. And by "please" I mean "definitely you need to."

3 Comments:

At 8:24 AM, Blogger cechols said...

Mr. Miyamoto:

It's a pleasure to introduce your site. As someone who works in Photoshop and Illustrator professionally, I genuinely appreciate your work.

I will add a link update to your new work. Thanks for taking the time to stop by!

 
At 8:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Totally gobsmackingly unbelievable! This guy is the ultimate master craftsman.

 
At 11:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Mr. Miyamoto

Can I have one of your original AI file of your works?
Actually, I'm currently studying Adobe Illustrator and I'd like to gather all references to improve my skill...

If you willing to share one of your works, let me know at chronicle_trax@yahoo.com

thank you

 

Post a Comment

<< Home