Friday, July 14, 2006

The Amazing Screw-On Head

Holy crap. I'd like to apologize in advance for frothing at the mouth...

Sci-Fi Channel produces great television. By that I mean, they produce one of my very favorite television shows of all time: Battlestar Galactica.

But now...man alive!

Sci-Fi has developed a pilot episode for an animated version of Mike Mignola's The Amazing Screw-On Head. It stars the voice talents of Paul Giamatti, David Hyde Pierce, and Patton Oswalt, among others.

Are you kidding me?? Did I die and go to comic nerd heaven? Travis Charest, are you here, too?

But wait. It gets better!

Sci-Fi.com has the entire episode up on their website for you to watch. They want you to watch it and then fill out a little survey to find out what you think of the pilot.

Let me go ahead and give you the answers to the survey:

Q: Did you enjoy Mike Mignola's: The Amazing Screw-On Head?
A: Awesome!

Q: Would you tune in to Sci-Fi Channel to watch regularly-aired episodes?
A: Awesome!

Q: Have you previously read any of artist/writer Mignola's work?
A: Awesome!

Q: Would you recommend The Amazing Screw-On Head to friends?
A: Where can I go change my pants!?

The adaptation of Mike's gorgeous art onto the screen is perfect. His lineart is so distinct and stylized - but they've recreated it faithfully. Those stark, carefully-chosen graphic novel colors are there, too. Spot-on.

Click on the picture above or the link above or here, but go watch the thing. Hot dang!

PS - I genuinely believe this may be the largest single collection of bold and italics tags, exclamat!on points and hyphenated-words I've ever assembled into one work.

2 Comments:

At 3:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. I'll have to go check that out if it made you need a change of trousers.

Yikes.

 
At 6:56 PM, Blogger cechols said...

Oh yeah. But it was worth it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home