Friday, August 04, 2006

Art: Zoo Book

One of the main reasons I started this blog was to have a place to post some of my illustration work. So I guess I ought to start doing it.

Back in college, I did an independent study to earn my last few credit hours before I graduated. For the project, I illustrated a zoo book for children.

Here are a few of the pieces from that book. Some of you might already have seen these in their original form, and will notice I've reworked them for a more consistent look.

Please click to see larger versions.

*If you feel like commenting, I'd definitely appreciate it. Whether you know me or not, your input is very welcome.

3 Comments:

At 5:56 PM, Blogger Leslie said...

Weren't the originals in different colors?

They really are fabulous, though. I love the lion - such a great capture of his royalty.

I've always been so jealous of people with artistic skills. And you, dear friend, are a gifted artisan, indeed. Thanks for sharing these! More!!!

 
At 1:31 AM, Blogger John Louis Kerns said...

Echols, those are stunning.

Good work.

 
At 6:34 PM, Blogger cechols said...

Thanks much for the responses. I'll try to get more work up soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home