Thursday, August 17, 2006

Trailer: Let's Go To Prison

If I could type out the opening riff to The Final Countdown by Europe in words, it would probably look something like this:

Dee do dee doooo - dee do dee dee doooo - dee do dee doo dooooo...It's the fi-nal count-down!

But that looks silly. So instead, I'm just going to post the trailer for Will Arnett's third post-Arrested Development movie: Let's Go To Prison.

Let me say this right now: even if this movie sucks Paris Hilton-style, I am going to see it. You'd have to pay me money to not go pay money to watch Will Arnett in a movie about going to prison.

Because this trailer is so new, details about the movie itself are pretty scarce. I think you'll glean all you need to know about the plot from this teaser, though.

Look for co-star Dax Shepard to take the voice-over lead, and that guy from Boston Public to take the prison-sex lead. All signs point to this film being the feel-good prison romance movie of the year.

If I can find a better trailer somewhere, I'll post it up. For now, this is the only one around.


5 Comments:

At 12:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I must say, I just partook in the most breathtaking cinematic experience. The combination of gripping action, in-depth character development, and state of the art special effects was more than enough to keep me well moistened. Also, when it comes to directorial prowess, the name David Ellis should be mentioned along with likes of Stanley Kubrick, Orson Wells, and Ronald Jeremy Hyatt. I only regret that two of those masters are not alive too see this masterpiece. Samuel Jackson elevates his game and brings his character, Agent Nelville Flynn, to life. He uses masculine confidence to keep his "cool" as he deals with a cold-blooded antagonist. Even celluloid heroes John Wayne, Lee Marvin, Chuck Norris would be envious of this performance. Bravo!

As Ray Davies once sang. "I wish my life was a non-stop Hollywood movie show." Well Mr Davies, if you see this film, you will have your wish for a few hours.

KFC

 
At 9:07 AM, Blogger cechols said...

Well, let me be the first to say that this is a tasty review.

I can only assume that Snakes on a Plane is all the things you claim and more, Colonel Sanders, but using the word "moistened" is inappropriate for my readers.

Had you not made such an endearing impression on me with the line:

"Even celluloid heroes John Wayne, Lee Marvin, Chuck Norris would be envious of this performance."

I'd be deleting your post. But since you speak so highly of my personal heroes (Lee Marvin and RJ Hyatt), I'm letting it slide.

Next time, leave the toilet language at home. And don't write a review for Snakes on a Plane in response to a post about Let's Go To Prison.

Etiquette, you know.

 
At 9:51 AM, Blogger cechols said...

Also, Kung Fu is strictly prohibited on this website.

And by prohibited I mean required.

 
At 2:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What do you mean by "toilet language"? I was merely attempting to convey the distress I felt for the characters as I myself was sweating along with them over the dire predicament in which they were involved. Any misinterpretation of my words is only found within the deviant minds of the reader. For shame Mr Echols, for shame. :(

KFC

 
At 3:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do apologize for being "OT" as the Interweb people say, but I was so moved last night I had to share my thoughts.

As for this Will Arnett flick, I honestly do not think it will be any good. I do enjoy seeing new faces in comedy, but using an actor with little experience in the field is risky. It's not like this guy has an Emmy or anything. Come on!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home