Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Video: Weird Al White and Nerdy

When my brother and I were kids, we listened to Weird Al religiously. To this day, I still have an affection for the originals of Al's spoofs - even when I wouldn't normally like the song otherwise.

Like every time I hear Macarthur Park, I finish the line "...is frightening in the dark. All the dinosaurs are run-ning wiiild." Or when Red Hot Chili Peppers Under The Bridge starts up on my XM radio, I immediately start singing, "Sometimes I feel like I need a vacation...sometimes I feel like I wanna go...to the city of cavemen, the city of Bedrock...I'd be a Flintstone, and I'll tell you why..."

No question - this is easily the whitest, nerdiest confession a person can make. But I am unashamed.

It's been a long time since I've seen a Weird Al video. But he's still at it - still taking the pop hits and turning them into funny songs white people can love.

In what can only be described as a lovenote to his fans, Al has taken Chamillionaire's Ridin' Dirty, and "weirded" it.

MC Escher is my fav-o-rite emcee, too, Al.

1 Comments:

At 11:08 PM, Blogger CharlesTheKungFuMaster said...

I just saw "Fat" and "Ricky" on Vh1 Classic today. Great stuff.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home